Tykr was created to make investing more approachable and easier to understand. We believe everyone, and we truly believe everyone, should be able to understand how to build wealth on their own.
We’re taught from a young age to work for money. To trade our time for a paycheck. This is okay because it’s important to provide value to others. The problem is, we’re not taught how to flip the equation and make money work for us. By allowing money to work for you, you can build your wealth much faster and eventually enjoy more freedom in life. With more freedom, you can enjoy more time with your family and friends, enjoy your hobbies, pick up new hobbies, and retire early if you so choose. Life is short. We believe life is about living, not working.
We invite you to join us on your investing journey. Yes, investing can appear a little intimidating and risky from the outside, but we would like to think with our help, you’ll see it’s a lot easier than you think and a lot of fun!
Thank you for checking out Tykr.
Sean Tepper (Founder & CEO)
- 15 years software engineering (Project Manager).
- 2006 – 2010 – Built an agency (Software, Video, Marketing, etc.). Although I wore many hats as most entrepreneurs do (sales, marketing, operations), the common job responsibility was project management.
- 2006 – 2010 – Served 400+ small and mid-sized businesses.
- 2010 – Merger and Acquisition. The agency merged with a larger agency. I had an awesome team of 5 friends, and our hard work paid off (sort of). This was not a major liquidity event but it did wipe all debts and liabilities away. We found that building an agency through the recession was extremely difficult. Although the business model wasn’t lucrative, the experience of analyzing businesses as well as solving problems for those businesses was the investing education I needed. Little did I know, this would lead to an investing software platform over 10 years later.
- 2011 – 2021 – Served large businesses including GE, Kohler, Direct Supply, and Kohl’s. Managed projects with budgets ranging between $200K and $2M. ROI on some of the projects exceeded 400% the first year. Largest product launch was $15M on day 1. Working for large public and private businesses for 10 years provided the education and training needed to understand how large business truly market, sell, and operate. This was invaluable experience I’m grateful for.
- 2011 – 2015 – Angel invested in private tech startups. After achieving sub-par returns, I transitioned to the public market (stock market).
- 2015 – 2016 – Read dozens of books on stock investing and came across Rule #1 and Payback Time by Phil Town. Most tactics taught by investors lack rigor but Phil’s teachings provided the necessary rigor to make impressive returns in the market.
- 2016 – Created the first version of Tykr in excel, inspired by Phil’s teachings.
- 2016 – 2019 – Achieved average returns ranging between 15% – 50% per year. I found that Value Investing is the true path to building wealth. Creating a focused portfolio of great companies is the key.
- 2019 – Provided demos to retail investors, wealth managers, and institutional investors. The common feedback was I should turn this excel sheet into a tool to share with others.
- 2020 – Version 1 of Tykr went live. This was more or less an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) to prove product/market fit.
- 2021 – Version 2 of Tykr went live and we now have thousands of customers around the globe.
By using Tykr, I’ve achieved the following annual returns. The key is to create a focused portfolio of 10 – 15 On Sale Stocks that pass the 4 M’s test. Make sure you read through the Tykr Onboarding to maximize your success. The 21 tips will help you get up-to-speed fast!
|My Returns||S&P 500 Returns|