Setting Expectations: If you want to be a guest on this show, here are three rules to follow.
- This podcast theme is casual yet to-the-point. I ask a lot of questions and if you plan on taking 10 – 15 minutes to answer each question, this podcast is not for you. Please be respectful of the listeners’ time and please provide actionable takeaways for my audience.
- Be humble. My audience loves to hear down-to-earth authentic stories.
- No fake gurus or false prophets. I have no time for prideful “boys” and “girls” playing business.
Sound good? If so, keep reading.
Theme: Payback Time – Business is focused on interviewing entrepreneurs. This podcast is focused on interviewing entrepreneurs to learn how they built their business. We answer questions such as what challenges did they overcome, what mistakes did they make, and how did they achieve their goals? The overall objective is to provide listeners with a roadmap on how to create their own business.
Duration: 30 – 40 minutes
Ideal Guest: Entrepreneurs
My audience has been surveyed and they want to know the answers to these questions below:
- What is your background?
- What did you do before you started your business?
- How did you make the transition?
- What does your business do?
- How does your business make money?
- When did your business generate its first dollar?
- What revenues did the business generate the first year?
- What revenues is the business generating today? (You don’t have to answer this question if you don’t want to).
- What is the biggest challenge you faced and how did you overcome it?
- What advice would you give to someone looking to start a business of their own?
- How do you manage emotions? We all know that building a business can be tough. Managing your emotions and mindset is key.
- Are you investing in other assets outside your business? Most of Tykr’s customers are investors and they want to know how else you are building your wealth.
Promotion: At the end of the podcast, you may promote your business.